Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Kelowna Ideal Protein Weight Loss Clinic - Garth’s Journey Part 2

So it’s been 2 weeks since my last blog and I’m pretty much on target. Down 8 pounds which is average for me at 4 pounds per week.

I must say I love being in ketosis, which is the body’s natural way to burn off excess body fat. Lots of energy, no cravings and no hunger. Sound too good to be true? It’s true. It took 3 days to get into ketosis and I have to admit that on the second day I woke up at 3 am, my body saying to me “you have a fridge full of food, go eat and I’ll tell you when to stop”. Fortunately my mind overruled my body and by day 3 my body had switched gears and started burning stored body fat for its energy needs. After that, as I said, everything just sort of falls into place and I’m well on my way to my goal of losing 12 pounds.

I find the psychology of weight loss pretty interesting. The body has mechanisms to get a person to do what it wants which is to eat lots of food and store the excess for future use (which goes back to the days when the meals we eat now weren’t the norm). The mind, now, has to control the body because there is just too much food available, especially the high carb, high sugar stuff that the body converts to body fat so easily.

Anyway, that is the news from my world. Looking forward to reaching my goal. I’ll keep you posted.

Take care,
Garth

No comments:

Post a Comment